Many fire safety topics are interconnected!
Fire Safe Europe’s aim is to see fire safety becoming a European matter.
To do so, Fire Safe Europe takes a holistic view and covers many topics linked to fire safety:
- The Construction Products Regulation (CPR), being a key piece of legislation, needs to be maintained and constantly improved for the safety of our buildings.
- The Energy Performance Buildings Directive: the newly revised EPBD has included fire safety in 2 of its articles. What to expect for the future?
- Facades requires a harmonised testing method. What is the situation today? Is Europe getting there?
- Smoke Toxicity: Smoke is the biggest killer. Though there is a lack of comparable data and common terminologies across the EU. What needs to be done?
- Sustainability: Fire safety and sustainability have to go hand and hand. Otherwise a building cannot be sustainable and lead to considerable negative impacts.
Each topic has its own specificities and characteristics. But, at the same time, all the topics are interlinked between each other as shown on our interactive map below. One topic cannot be singled out.
* Please be aware that there are two layers which can be individually selected using the filter on the right.